CSX Corporation announced this week that it is soliciting bids on six non-contiguous rail segments, totaling 650 miles in length.
The sale is a part of the company’s adoption of precision scheduled railroading. A remake originally started by former CEO E Hunter Harrison in 2017.
Up for sale are:
• Massena Line: Line extending north from Syracuse, NY to Canada
• Baldwinsville Subdivision: Branch line west of Syracuse, NY
• West Albany and Rensselaer, NY: Collection of properties near Albany, NY
• Cumberland Valley: Feeder lines extending east of Corbin, KY
• Eastern North Carolina: Branch lines terminating in Grangers and Plymouth, NC
• Marietta Subdivision: Branc...